Internal combustion engine fundamentals
Available Available at LBCC Albany Campus Library (Stacks): TJ755 .H49 2018
About this work
- Internal combustion engine fundamentals
- John B. (Of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Heywood
- The long-awaited revision of the most respected resource on internal combustion engines--covering the basics through advanced operation of spark-ignition and diesel engines. Written by one of the most recognized and highly regarded names in internal combustion engines, this trusted educational resource and professional reference covers the key physical and chemical processes that govern internal combustion engine operation and design. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, Second Edition, has been thoroughly revised to cover recent advances, including performance enhancement, efficiency improvements, and emission reduction technologies. Highly illustrated and cross-referenced, the book includes discussions of these engines' environmental impacts and requirements. You will get complete explanations of spark-ignition and compression-ignition (diesel) engine operating characteristics as well as of engine flow and combustion phenomena and fuel requirements.
About this edition
- Second edition.
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Publication year:
- "Mechanical Engineering"--Page 4 of cover.
- Chapter 1: Engine types and their operation -- Chapter 2: Engine design and operating parameters -- Chapter 3: Thermochemistry of fuel-air mixtures -- Chapter 4: Properties of working fluids -- Chapter 5: Ideal models of engine cycles -- Chapter 6: Gas exchange processes -- Chapter 7: Mixture preparation in SI engines -- Chapter 8: Charge motion within the cylinder -- Chapter 9: Combustion in spark-ignition engines -- Chapter 10: Combustion in compression-ignition engines -- Chapter 11: Pollutant formation and control -- Chapter 12: Engine heat transfer -- Chapter 13: Engine friction and lubrication -- Chapter 14: Modeling real engine flow and combustion -- Chapter 15: Engine operating characteristics.
- 1260116107 and 9781260116106
- Published in:
- New York
- LBCC Library Catalog
- Evergreen Catalog ID: