Writing literature reviews
Available Available at LBCC Albany Campus Library (Stacks): H62 .G246 2017
About this work
- Writing literature reviews
- a guide for students of the social and behavioral sciences
- Jose L. Galvan
- "This useful guide educates students in the preparation of literature reviews for term projects, theses, and dissertations. The authors provide numerous examples from published reviews that illustrate the guidelines discussed throughout the book. New to the seventh edition: each chapter breaks down the larger holistic review of literature exercise into a series of smaller, manageable steps; practical instructions for navigating today's digital libraries; comprehensive discussions about digital tools, including bibliographic and plagiarism detection software; chapter activities that reflect the book's updated content; new model literature reviews; and online resources designed to help instructors plan and teach their courses"--Page 4 of cover.
About this edition
- Seventh edition.
- Melisa Galvan
- Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group
- Publication year:
- Managing the Literature Search. Writing reviews of academic literature : an overview -- Learn to navigate the electronic resources in your university's library -- Selecting a topic for your review -- Organizing yourself to begin the selection of relevant titles -- Analyzing the Relevant Literature. Conduct a deep analysis of the articles -- Analyzing quantitative research literature -- Analyzing qualitative research literature -- Organizing your notes by grouping the results of your analysis -- Writing the First Draft of Your Literature Review. Synthesizing trends and patterns : preparing to write -- Guidelines for writing a first draft -- Guidelines for developing a coherent essay -- Editing and Preparing the Final Draft of Your Review. Guidelines for editing your essay and incorporating feedback -- Preparing a reference list -- Appendices: Comprehensive self-editing checklist for refining the final draft ; Sample literature reviews.
- 9781138294219, 1138294217, 9780415315746, 0415315743, and 9781351858915
- Published in:
- New York, NY
- LBCC Library Catalog
- Evergreen Catalog ID: