Joy of cooking
Available Available at LBCC Albany Campus Library (Stacks): TX715 .R75 2019
About this work
- Joy of cooking
- Irma S. Rombauer
- In the nearly ninety years since Joy of Cooking was first published in 1931, it has become the kitchen bible. This new edition contains tried-and-true favorites, while introducing new dishes, modern cooking techniques, and comprehensive information on ingredients now available at farmers' markets and grocery stores. -- adapted from jacket
About this edition
- Revised and updated. and Scribner hardcover edition.
- Marion Rombauer Becker, Ethan Becker, John Becker, Megan Scott, John Norton, and Anna Brones
- Publication year:
- "600 new recipes, more than 4,000 favorites." -- cover.
- Introduction to the 2019 edition -- Getting started -- Nutrition and food safety -- Entertaining and menus -- Streamlined cooking -- Beverages -- Cocktails, wine, and beer -- Appetizers and hors d'oeuvre -- Stocks and soups -- Salads -- Sandwiches, tacos, and burritos -- Egg dishes -- Fruits -- Vegetables -- Pasta, noodles, and dumplings -- Grains -- Shellfish -- Fish -- Poultry and wildfowl -- Meat -- Game and exotic meats -- Stuffings and casseroles -- Savory sauces, salad dressings, marinades, and seasoning blends -- Breads and coffee cakes -- Pancakes, waffles, doughnuts, and fritters -- Pies and pastries -- Cakes and cupcakes -- Cookies and bars -- Icings, fillings, frostings, and sweet sauces -- Desserts -- Ice cream and frozen desserts -- Candies and confections -- Keeping and storing food -- Canning -- James, jellies, and preserves -- Pickles -- Salting, drying, and fermenting -- Know your ingredients -- Cooking methods and techniques.
- 9781501169717 and 1501169718
- Published in:
- New York
- LBCC Library Catalog
- Evergreen Catalog ID: