What am I searching?Find It searches the following research databases:
- Alexander Street Press titles (American history in video, American song, Classical music library, Smithsonian global sound)
- Ebook Central
- All EBSCO databases
- EBSCO ebooks
- Evergreen catalog (including partner libraries)
- Films on demand
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in context, American history in context
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Several open access and public domain ebook sources: HathiTrust, Open Textbook Library, DOAB, NCBI bookshelf, Wright American Fiction
How does it work?
Find It uses Blacklight for its interface and Solr to store data and serve up search results. Find It's data come from our library catalog, WorldShare Collection Manager, and a handful of other sources.
Cat About Code
Who helped out?
- Rosalie Lingo created the site's graphics and color scheme. Rosalie also provided invaluable guidance on Find It's layout and design.
- The many contributors to Project Blacklight provided the backbone of Find It's code, and helpful voices on the Blacklight Development Group provided helpful implementation tips.
- Wayne Schneider and Phil Feilmeyer made their very informative solr indexing scripts publicly available.
- Countless contributors added cover images and control numbers to the OpenLibrary project, which is how Find It incorporates cover images into its interface. Michelle Lanae Walker, Rusly Marzuki, and Jane Sandberg have been the major LBCC contributors to this project.
I have found a problem!
If you'd like us to add a feature or fix a bug, let us know about it on GitHub. You will need to register for an account on GitHub first.